Emergency Dentist in Lake Ozar, MO
Dental emergencies are unpredictable. You can’t plan for a dental emergency, but you can plan for what you will do in case you experience one. At Premier Dental & Oral Health Group in Lake Ozark, MO, we know that you can’t always wait for the next appointment to be available to get the help you need.
That is why, in most cases, we are able to see emergency patients on the same day.
This means that if you crack a tooth, knock one out, or have any other dental emergency, we will do our best to see you as soon as possible.
We offer round-the-clock availability. Any active patient that has been seen in the last two years can call our office 24/7, 365 days a year, and Dr. Massie’s answering service will be able to help them.
Types of Dental Emergencies
You may not be sure what qualifies as an emergency. Here is a list of some of the reasons you might need to see an emergency dentist:
This list is not complete. If you believe you have a dental emergency, call our office right away and we will discuss the issue with you.
What To Do During A Dental Emergency
There are some steps you can take before you see our emergency dentist that may help improve your treatment outcome.
Severe Tooth Pain
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Gently floss between your teeth to dislodge any food particles.
- Do not put aspirin/pain killer directly on your gums or tooth.
- Take over-the-counter medication, such ibuprofen, to bring down swelling and manage your toothache.
- Call our office in Lake Ozark, MO.
Cracked or Broken Teeth
- Gather any broken pieces you can find to bring to our Lake Ozark office.
- Rinse your mouth and the broken pieces with warm water.
- You might see bleeding. In that case, use gauze and gently press it to the affected area. Leave it on for ten minutes, or until it stops bleeding.
- Apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth closest to the affected tooth.
- Call our office near Osage Beach.
- Gently rinse out the tooth. Make sure you do not hold the tooth by the root, as it is very sensitive. Do not scrub it.
- Rinse out your mouth with warm water.
- Try to re-insert the tooth into the socket. Make sure it’s facing the right direction. Do not force it into the socket.
- If you can’t, keep the tooth moist. You can place it in a small container/cup of milk, a cup of water with a pinch of salt or use a tooth preservation product with an ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Call our office near Camdenton.
- Call our Lake Ozark office right away.
- Rinse your mouth with salt water. Use ½ teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water.
DON’T WAIT FOR EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE, CALL NOW!
At Premier Dental & Oral Health Group in Lake Ozark, MO, we take every dental emergency seriously. We are ready to help you. No matter your emergency, or the time, if you need us, call us now! We treat patients with dental emergencies from Lake Ozark, Camdenton, Osage Beach, and the surrounding communities.