Restorative Dentistry in Lake Ozark, MO
Restorative dentistry focuses on identifying oral health issues and restoring your teeth so that they are fully functional. If you have a broken tooth, a cracked tooth, or you are missing teeth, you are a great candidate for restorative dentistry in Lake Ozark, MO.
What Kinds of Dental Issues Does Restorative Dentistry Treat?
- Missing Teeth | Missing teeth can occur due to a variety of reasons, including injury, decay, gum disease, or genetics. When a tooth is lost, it can lead to a range of problems, such as difficulty chewing, changes in facial appearance, and even bone loss in the jaw. To replace missing teeth, there are several options available, including dental implants, bridges, and dentures.
- Broken Tooth | A tooth may break from tooth decay, trauma, or biting down on a hard object. Regardless of the cause, it’s important to seek dental attention as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the tooth or potential infection.
- Cracked Tooth | Cracked teeth can also occur from dental trauma, biting down on hard objects, or grinding your teeth. The severity of the crack can vary, ranging from superficial to more serious fractures that extend below the gum line. Treatment options for cracked teeth depend on the severity of the crack and may include bonding, a dental crown, a root canal, or tooth extraction.
- Chipped Teeth | A tooth can be chipped from trauma, biting hard objects, or tooth decay. The severity of the chip can vary, ranging from small chips that don’t require treatment to larger chips that expose the inner layers of the tooth and require immediate attention. Treatment options for chipped teeth may include smoothing the rough edges of the tooth, dental bonding to repair the chip, or a dental crown to restore the tooth’s shape and function.
- Tooth Infections | Tooth infections occur when bacteria penetrate the tooth’s surface, leading to inflammation, pain, and potential abscess formation. Treatment options may include antibiotics to kill the bacteria, draining the abscess, root canal therapy to remove infected tissue and save the tooth, or tooth extraction in more severe cases. It’s important to seek prompt dental attention if you suspect you have a tooth infection to prevent the spread of bacteria and potential complications.
- Facial Injury/Trauma | Facial injuries can come from sports injuries, accidents, and falls. Injuries to the mouth and teeth can be especially concerning, as they can lead to tooth fractures, dislodgement, or complete loss. A dentist may be required to repair facial injuries, as they are trained to diagnose and treat dental trauma. Depending on the extent of the injury, treatment options may include dental bonding, dental implants, or a custom mouthguard to prevent further injury.
Restorative Dentistry Services near Osage Beach, MO
Click on the service to learn more.
- Dental Implants – Tooth implants are small metal posts that are inserted into your jaw, underneath your gums. These implants can be used to secure removable dental work, or to hold a dental crown in place of missing teeth.
- Dental Crowns – If you have a broken tooth, we can save the tooth by attaching a dental crown, also known as a tooth cap. A tooth crown is a tooth-shaped cap that goes over your tooth to restore its shape and functionality. The process involves preparing the damaged tooth, taking an impression, and creating a custom crown. The dental crown is then cemented in place during a subsequent appointment. With proper care, a dental crown can last for many years and can help to save a broken tooth from further damage and potential extraction.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – You can secure your dentures to your gums so that you don’t have to continually remove them, by using implants. Six to eight strategically placed implants can support your dentures.
- Dental Bridges – Bridges hold prosthetic teeth and secure them to neighboring natural teeth, creating a “bridge” over the gap in your teeth. This is a great option if you’re missing only a partial amount of your teeth.
- Dental Inlays/Onlays – Tooth inlays and tooth onlays are used when we are removing and replacing old dental fillings. Teeth inlays restore the shape and function of your damaged tooth.
- Root Canals – Root canals are performed when you have a tooth infection or a dental abscess. The root canal procedure removes the infected pulp from the root of your tooth and replaces it with a safe material after a thorough cleaning. This helps save the tooth, which is always the best option.
Advantages and Benefits of Restorative Dentistry near Camdenton, MO
The benefits of restorative dentistry include a return of the full function of your teeth, usually an improved appearance of the teeth, and the self-confidence that comes with knowing you have a healthy smile.
Restore Your Smile in Lake Ozark Today!
At Premier Dental & Oral Health Group, we are ready to use our knowledge and experience to help restore your smile. All it takes is one phone call to set you on a path to healthier, stronger teeth. Make your appointment today!