Snoring and Sleep Apnea Treatment in Lake Ozark, MO
If you suffer from loud, nighttime snoring and/or sleep apnea, you may be looking for CPAP alternatives to help make your nights more restful. If your goal is to stop snoring, we have options for you to stop snoring in Lake Ozark, MO with sleep apnea treatment!
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that causes you to stop breathing in the middle of your sleep cycle. It is a serious disorder that has been linked to many other health issues, such as depression, nighttime heart attacks, and weight gain.
Advantages and Benefits of Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Stop Snoring – Snoring and Sleep apnea treatment can help you to stop snoring.
- Feel More Rested – Sleep apnea can wake you up many times throughout the night, so that you feel tired and fatigued during the day. Treatment can help you sleep soundly throughout the night, which may mean you feel more rested and energized.
- Prevent Nighttime Heart Attack – Sleep apnea has been linked to an increase in the probability of suffering from a nighttime heart attack. Treatment can help prevent a heart attack while you sleep.
Sleep Apnea Treatment in Lake Ozark
AT-HOME SLEEP TEST
At-home sleep tests can be provided to test if you suffer from sleep apnea. The sleep tests measure your breathing and blood oxygen level, and more.
How Do I Get My Test?
If you suspect you may suffer from sleep apnea, or if you just want to address your snoring issues, call us for a consultation with Dr. Massie. He can discuss your symptoms with you and send you home with one of our at-home sleep tests.
Once the results of the test arrive, Dr. Massie will determine which is the best treatment available to you.
Snoring Treatment Options
- Oral Appliances – An oral appliance is a sleep apnea mouthpiece that slides over your teeth and helps keep your airway open by moving your lower jaw forward. It is custom made and a great alternative to a CPAP machine.
- Tongue Retaining Device – Another sleep apnea mouthpiece, this works by holding your tongue in a better position for improved breathing.
- Combined CPAP / Dental Sleep Therapy – This treatment creates a device that works with your CPAP treatment by attaching directly to your machine.
Don’t Sleep on Sleep Apnea
At Premier Dental & Oral Health Group in Lake Ozark, MO, we know the importance of a proper sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. Don’t put off treatment that could improve your quality of life! If you suspect you have sleep apnea and would like CPAP alternatives, call for an appointment today.