If you tense up just thinking about going to the dentist, you may benefit from sedation dentistry offered by Premier Dental & Oral Health Group in Lake Ozark MO.
Millions of Americans stress out when they have to see the dentist. It is referred to as dental anxiety. There is a more severe form, too, called dental phobia. In both, some people would rather skip the dentist altogether, rather than sit down for a checkup. The problem with that, of course, is it puts their dental health at risk.
Whatever the cause, sedation dentistry has helped millions of people get through their appointments.
We offer three types:
- Nitrous Oxide: You also know this as laughing gas. Nitrous oxide has been used in dentistry for more than a century and is highly effective.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: You take a sedative an hour or so before the appointment. You won’t sleep, but will be in a deeply relaxed state. When the appointment is over, someone will have to drive you home.
- IV Sedation: As the name suggests, this is a sedative that is administered intravenously. You won’t sleep with this on, either, but will be in a deeply relaxed state. You’ll need an escort for a ride here and back.
We also have two suggestions:
- Meditation: This is a good way to clear your mind of negative thoughts before an appointment.
- A Good Night’s Sleep: Being well-rested can help calm frayed nerves.
Don’t compromise your dental health by skipping the dentist! Sedation dentistry from Premier Dental & Oral Health Group in Lake Ozark MO may be just for you. Patients from Lake of the Ozarks and Osage Beach come to us for general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!